16/08/2026

Deliverance Ministry

 


Elements of the Deliverance Ministry

The deliverance ministry can generally be divided into several areas of ministry:

Legal Rights

These are essentially things in a person’s life that give, or have given, a demon the right to enter or remain in their life. Unconfessed sins, soul ties, resentment, cursed possessions (occult rings, etc.)—these things can give demons a right to inhabit and torment a person’s life. These legal rights are removed through repentance, renunciation, forgiveness, and deliverance prayer.

Strongholds

Strongholds are essentially wrong patterns of thinking in your mind. If you think that God is angry with you, then you may develop distrust toward Him (nothing could be further from the truth). If you think that you are worthless, then you will feel as though you are absolutely nothing.

Strongholds are demolished when you meditate on the specific area of God’s Word that renews your mind and teaches you to think differently. If, in His Word, God sees you as His precious child, then you will begin to realize and believe this. This will change the way you see yourself, for example.

Inner Healing

Inner healing is often necessary when we pray for the deliverance of someone who has been abused, raped, or exposed to a traumatic experience. Inner healing is a work of the Holy Spirit. It takes place when a person releases the inner pain and the pain of past experiences and allows the Holy Spirit to come and heal their wounds.

Forgiveness often plays a role in this process of liberation, and it is received by faith—even when you feel as though you could never forgive someone for the harm they have caused you. Often, self-forgiveness must also be received when a person is holding things against themselves that need to be released.

Demons Are Cast Out in the Name of Jesus

In the Gospel of John 14:12–13, Jesus said:

“Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.”

This stage of deliverance is where demons are actually cast out of a person through the powerful name of Jesus Christ and, in most cases, should not be neglected. Even if you experience a small measure of freedom after the demolition of strongholds and the breaking of soul ties, demons may still be present and need to be cast out.

Keep in mind that the name of Jesus is above every power of Satan. Everything is subject to Him in heaven, on earth, and under the earth. For God has highly exalted Him and given Him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow—in heaven, on earth, and under the earth—and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Philippians 2:5–11

What Can You Expect During Deliverance?

Sometimes, during deliverance prayer, demons may manifest, while at other times it may seem as though nothing is happening when they are being cast out. These manifestations may include coughing, spitting, a wide-open sensation in the chest, sighing, choking, pain in different parts of the body, trembling, screaming, etc.

If you think these things are happening to you frequently, do not resist them, because they may be interpreted as demons manifesting and wanting to leave your body. Demons may also use a person's vocal system to speak through them during deliverance. (See Mark 5:1–20.)

These strong manifestations generally occur in cases where a person is experiencing severe oppression, particularly in cases involving someone who has participated in occultism or Satanism. You are often not conscious when these spirits manifest. They may cause your body to resist the deliverance, physically struggle with people present during the deliverance, and then produce what may appear to be a demonic convulsion.

If you have been involved in New Age practices, false religions, witchcraft, occult sciences, Satanism, or other deeper demonic practices, there is nothing wrong with informing the servant of God beforehand about your situation so that they can have additional insight during the deliverance session.

Feelings and emotions often intensify spiritual confrontations. For example, if we are dealing with a spirit of grief, the person may experience profound levels of grief and emotional pain during the session.

The person may experience partial loss of consciousness. When spirits manifest, they may also make you believe that they are leaving while actually becoming stronger. Sometimes, nothing happens throughout the entire manifestation, and you remain fully conscious.

If you feel as though the person receiving ministry is falling into a deep sleep during the deliverance session, I would advise you to pray and help the person regain awareness so that the session can continue. It is recommended to allow the situation to come back to the surface so that you can address and deal with it appropriately.


The Deliverance Session

What Can Happen to You?


Deliverance Is Often a Process

The Purpose of Deliverance and Its Fulness

Preparing someone to receive or maintain their deliverance is very important. This is a basic list of things you may want to explain to people before leading them through deliverance. I always like to make sure that they understand what is happening and do not feel confused or left in the dark about the deliverance process.

Although deliverance can be an instantaneous event, it can also be a process. If you do not receive complete freedom instantly, do not become discouraged! Sometimes, it takes time to remove all the spiritual burdens from your soul.

During one deliverance session, you may address certain areas of bondage in your life, while in another session, you may focus on walking in victory. Sometimes, you may need several sessions to deal with issues in a particular area of your life. Whatever the case may be, do not become discouraged. Many times, it takes several sessions before a person experiences complete deliverance.

Sessions may vary from a few minutes to several hours, depending on the extent of the person's bondage.

Do not become discouraged, but continue to rely on the power of the blood of Jesus in order to receive what Jesus has already purchased for you through His blood on the cross!

Sometimes, deliverance may even require the participation of several deliverance ministers, as some ministers may have greater experience or expertise in particular areas of deliverance.

It is easy to think of deliverance ministry simply as a miracle—where casting out demons automatically removes every form of bondage from a person's life. However, deliverance ministry is often a process that involves more than simply “casting out demons.”

There are generally strongholds that need to be demolished. These strongholds are often patterns of wrong thinking. This deliverance takes place through the renewing of your mind according to the Word of God, and this often leads to inner healing.

I cannot emphasize enough how important it is to maintain an intimate relationship with the Lord once you have experienced deliverance. If you neglect your relationship with God, the enemy may seek opportunities to undermine the freedom you have received.

The purpose of deliverance is to receive freedom from every obstacle in your life that prevents you from walking in the fullness of God's plan for your life and your relationship with Him.

If you need to be set free from demonic oppresion, please make this prayer:


Prayer for Deliverance from Demonic Oppression

Heavenly Father,

I come before You in the mighty name of Jesus Christ, Your Son and my Lord and Saviour.

I confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. I believe that He died for my sins, that He rose again from the dead, and that through Him I have forgiveness, salvation, and freedom.

Father, I repent of every known sin in my life. Forgive me for every thought, word, action, relationship, practice, or agreement that has dishonoured You. Cleanse me from all unrighteousness and help me walk in obedience to Your Word.

In the name of Jesus Christ, I renounce Satan and every work of darkness. I renounce every occult practice, false god, false spiritual authority, divination, witchcraft, sorcery, ritual, curse, ungodly agreement, and every practice that is contrary to the will of God.

I declare that Jesus Christ alone is my Lord and Master.

Father, I submit myself completely to You. Your Word says:

“Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” James 4:7

Therefore, I submit myself to God and resist every work of the devil against my life.

In the authority of the name of Jesus Christ, I reject every demonic influence, oppression, deception, fear, torment, and bondage that is contrary to God's will for me.

Lord Jesus, deliver me from every influence that does not come from You. Break every sinful pattern and every bondage that has gained a place in my life. Fill every area of my life with Your presence, Your truth, Your peace, and Your Holy Spirit.

I declare that I belong to Jesus Christ.

I belong to Him in my mind, my body, my soul, my spirit, my relationships, my future, and every area of my life.

No power of darkness is my Lord. Jesus Christ is my only Lord.

Father, strengthen me to resist temptation and to walk in holiness. Give me discernment so that I may recognize deception and reject everything that contradicts Your Word.

Protect me and my household according to Your will. Let Your peace rule in my heart and let Your Word guide my steps.

I put on the full armour of God: the belt of truth, the breastplate of righteousness, the preparation of the Gospel of peace, the shield of faith, the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God.

I thank You, Father, because my freedom does not come from human power, rituals, objects, or formulas.

My freedom comes through Jesus Christ.

I declare:

Jesus Christ is Lord.

Jesus Christ is my Saviour.

Jesus Christ is my Deliverer.

I belong to Christ.

I will follow Christ.

I will stand upon the Word of God.

Thank You, Father, for Your mercy, Your grace, and Your salvation.

In the mighty and holy name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments: